Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My First Garden


Brett was doing yard work on Saturday and decided that I should make a garden in this planter box in the backyard. He cleaned it all out and had Kim come over to help me. She is good with plants. I am not. We went to Lowes and got all our supplies. We planted a few different kinds of tomatoes, peppers, herbs, cantelope, watermelon, strawberries and pumpkin. Brett put a little fence around it to keep the dogs and other animals we have around out. Three days later, its still alive and looks like its taking root. I hope I can keep it up.
Strawberries!

2 comments:

The Adventures of France & Deirdre said...

Very cool. You will be great with your garden.

Julie said...

Love it Beth. My new garden is stuck in the dirt phase. It is back breaking filling in a 12x5x4 foot section with dirt. Maybe it will be done in time for spring...next year.