I think it was Paula Deen I saw, make Chicken Pot Pie, where she used pastry dough instead of pie crust. I decided to try it. I have never made any kind of pot pie, but it turned out so good that I will definitely do it again. I even layered mashed potatoes at the bottom. For the filling I used diced chicken, sauteed with butter and white wine, baby carrots, peas, cream, cream of chicken soup, and for fun I tossed in some fried pancetta. Mmmmm.....
I made the pot pies in ramekins, perfectly portioned.
And then I ate it all up.
I made the pot pies in ramekins, perfectly portioned.
And then I ate it all up.
5 comments:
Looks Good but I have a question. You know I am not the shapest tool in the shed so I just couldn't wrap my head around this question....What's to difference between pastry dough and pie crust???
Yeah, it was suppose to read "sharpest tool in the shed.."
I love you Julie. I should have said puff pastry dough. It's the kind in the freezer section next to the pie crust. It's flaky and puffs up when you bake it. Think croissant.
Let Dan take you into the "man-garage", he'll sharpen you right up, Julie!
By the way, I really meant his garage, which is very manly and has lots of tools. I didn't mean it the way it may sound to some of you wackos, although it somewhat of a double entendre.
Post a Comment