Sunday, October 18, 2009

Quarantined

Not such a good week here at the Paulson house. Brett came down with the flu on Wednesday, fever, bad aches, deep cough, chills. Then Tyler went down Friday. This morning Matt woke up with croup, I raced him down to the emergency room, on the phone with 911 the whole way. He couldn't breathe, throwing up and scared out of his mind. They treated him with a mask of cold meds and a steroid shot. Now he's fine. They said croup gets triggered by the flu, but he doesn't have the flu, he's just around a bunch of people who do. I am ok, but I had the flu last month, so I should be fine. James is also well so far, he's at his dads this weekend.

Here's Ty and Matt, Matt made a "germ free tent" out of blankets. Obviously it didn't work so well. You can see the fever in Tyler's eyes here.

Matt at the hospital this morning. I told him he looked like Darth Vadar with the respiratory mask on. He wanted a picture to show Tyler. He was already much better at this point.

No comments: